Sunday 1 December 2013

I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find an answer to my question, but no matter the combination of words I used, I could not find an answer to 'Can I sort my brushes into categories on Paint Shop Pro x2'.

When you go into your brushes setting, you can click the drop down menu to choose your brush, but in that window, there is also another drop down menu called 'Catergory' that comes with a standard 'All, Artistic, Brushes, Media Brushes and Stamps'. I was trying to find a way to sort my brushes by designer, that would allow me to choose the designer from the drop down menu, and see only their brushes.

Well, I found a way!!! (And it is really simple!)



Go into [User]>Documents>My PSP Files>Brushes

In here, will be all of your brush files (PSPSCRIPT and PSPBRUSH).
Simply create your folders (I chose by designer, but you could try CU and PU, or Itemized, like 'Frames' and 'Splatters'... Its up to you!)

Move BOTH files into each designer. (eg. My Doodled Fireworks Brush set, 'KC_FireworksBrushSet_01' Will have both a PSPSCRIPT and a PSPBRUSH file associated with it. You need both of these for the brush to work).

When you have sorted all your files, you will have something resembling a clean brush folder area...




Now, whenever you go to select a brush, you can sort by category!! Makes it much cleaner and you don't have to scroll through hundreds of brushes to find that one you think you remember using in that layout a few months ago and you were sure it was by that designer, but do you think I can find it now? Surely I am not the only one who had that thought train!!


Hope this helps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment